Getting Started

Getting Started

What Documentation Do I Need?

Proof of Dallas County Residency: Utility bills or a tax statement.

Proof of Income: Paycheck stub, IRS W-2 form (for consumer if 18 years of age or older, for the parent/guardian if under 18 years of age).

Proof of any Insurance Coverage: Medicaid, SSI, or other insurance card.

Proof of Guardianship or Power of Attorney: If you are the individual’s Legal Guardian, bring a copy of the guardianship letter from the court.

Copies of Previous Evaluation Reports: If the individual has received Special Education services, send copies of their Full Individual Evaluations (FIE’s) and Comprehensive Individual Assessments (CIA’s) ahead of time for review. You will need to request both FIE’s and CIA’s because FIE’s have only been done since about the year 2000. Prior to that, the evaluations were called CIA’s (see Glossary). If you do not have copies of these evaluations, you may be able to get them from the school district. Also, send copies of any other evaluations, including psychological evaluations by private psychologists, and other agencies' medical and developmental evaluations.